Discipline: Electrical / Power
Role Description: Principal Electrical Engineer
% FTE / Hours per week (est.): 37
Date of Demand: 18/10/21
Description of the Assignment
North West Projects is a national Engineering design company with a Nuclear sector focus. Being part of VINCI Energies with a turnover of €14 billion, has allowed NWP to grow in an exciting but secure manner.
Working on a work package which forms part of a larger design for a New Build Nuclear power station within the UK. The work package is made up of ‘Typical’ deliverables to assist the Electrical Installation contractor during the implementation & test/inspection phases of the project. Brief summaries of the deliverables are:
- Site Cable Installation Rules
- Typical Termination Diagrams covering various plant items
- Typical Trefoil Arrangement for single core cables including phase rotation when applicable.
- Selection of cable fastener including justification based on short circuit currents.
- Responsible for Electrical discipline technical input including production checking and/or approval.
- Organising team member and allocating work ensuring delivery against plan.
- Technical Input into stakeholder technical meetings to progress deliverables.
- Assisting the Engineering Manager and Project Manager in the forecasting of work to completion.
- Production of Technical Queries.
- Customer facing.
- Nuclear Experience (Desirable)
- Power System Design up to 11kV
- Site Power Infrastructure Design (Desirable)
- Mains Distribution & Sub-Distribution i.e. HV & LV Switchgear, Transformers
- Technical Specification Production
- Cable installation methodology i.e. Trefoil arrangement
- Large Cable Containment Systems including products/consumables
- MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Desirable)
Design Tools Experience
- Microsoft Office Package
If you would like further details for the above position, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 07729 606 638 and he will be happy to provide you with any further information required.